I just voted, and it was Democrat across the board. Why?
Because the Republican Party has been infested by apocalypse cultists and wannabe plutocrats. It’s actually very scary in America right now.
Like, there’s a whole group of people that went out and got infected on purpose. Why?
- So they could prove that it’s not a life-altering virus but a hoax?
- So they could enact “herd immunity” in real-time?
- So they could have antibodies allowing them to party while everyone else shelters in place?
- So they could inherit their family’s wealth?
- To prove they’re complete sociopaths?
- To dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
The fact that COVID-19 became a pandemic is super pathetic.
It never should have happened.
If we’d had a real president and a real, working government COVID-19 would have been a passing news blurb as people lived their everyday lives.
And that’s the point:
The failures of the current administration have resulted in a horrifying loss of life. 157,729 dead in the United States as of today, August 3, 2020 at 5:20 p.m. PST.
To put things in perspective:
United States armed forces casualties —
- Spanish-American War: 1,898
- War in Afghanistan: 2,216
- Iraq War: 4,576
- War of 1812: 25,000
- Revolutionary War: 25,000
- Korean War: 58,209
- Vietnam War: 58,209
- World War 1: 116,516
- COVID-19: 157,729
- World War 2: 400,000-418,500
- Civil War: 655,000
More people in the United States have died from COVID-19 than died in World War 1.
And some people are still insisting it’s fake. Are still running around without masks, purposely coughing and spitting in peoples’ faces because…?
Here’s some XKCD. Insert some humor into your life; it’s the only way to pull back from the horror that is reality.
I have never seen YOLO as such a threat before :/
Seriously dudes: Give scientists the help they need. Not the help anti-maskers don’t want them to need.