Why So Serial? Read something
Kimichee -- outside link to awesome
Follow on Tumblr - Follow HarperKingsley0
In the Now…
- Part 6 – Slipping Through the Cracks
- Part 5 – Slipping Through the Cracks
- Part 4 – Slipping Through the Cracks
- Part 3 – Slipping Through the Cracks
- There are times when…
- Part 2 – Slipping Through the Cracks
- Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- I need to buy new clothes. Like everything.
- I am in a writing mood today and I love it
- Attack of the Self-Entitled Woman
What came before…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
SmashwordsMore from Harper Kingsley
- More from Sol Crafter
Check this out:
Hey, if you'd like to help me out, there's several ways:
- Leave some constructive feedback. If no one is saying anything, I don't know what stories people like the most and would rather have updated.
I kind of write on a tier system of whatever story I think people will like. The stories are already written in my head, I'm just transcribing them. So I can push a story up my writing list at any time. You just gotta speak up.
- Currently on the lookout for beta readers. I don't need a lot of work done, just looking for some common sense people with at least a basic understanding of the English language and a love of reading. Let me know if you're interested -- I need all kinds -- and whether you can handle long or short stories, serials or solids. Hit me up on any comments stream or on Facebook.
Altredes [LB, YA, genhet, State Rule] – novel length, broken into 10,000 word chunks to be serialized, rating teen. Exclusive.
From Diamond to Coal [SC, mm super science] – series of arcs, about 50,000 words each, chapters (aiming for 8 per arc), rating teen+. Kimichee.
Idlewile [HK, pop idol, slashy asexual sci-fi, State Rule] – novel length, chapters, rating teen+. Kimichee.
The Brand [HK, mm fantasy romance, m/m/m] – novel length, difficult prose, rating mature for sex. Exclusive.
Dude, There’s a Body In Your Bathtub [subtextually slashy, humor, gangsters] – rating mature for violence. Exclusive.
Paradigm Shift [HK, mm sci-fi, State Rule] – novel length, chapters, fascist society, non-descriptive birth mpreg, rating mature just for the possibility. Exclusive Park POV, LJ.
Doggy Style [SC, mm contemporary with crazy magical event] – novella length, chapters, rating mature for language and sex. Exclusive.
Bad ass beta perks: dedication, acknowledgment, short prompts filled, eternal love and gratitude (which does not expire), ebook copy of the project when it’s all done.
Exclusive = coming out as an ebook first. Either self-published or submitted.
ff = female/female. Femslash.
genhet = general fiction stories.
HK = Harper Kingsley. Mix of mm, ff, genhet, plot over porn, perspective pieces.
Kimichee = site where I serialize stories. Then self-published for ease of reading.
LB = Lisa Bailey. YA, genhet.
LJ = LiveJournal.
mm = male/male. Slash.
Novel length = 60,000+ words.
Novella length = 20,001-59,999 words.
SC = Sol Crafter. Largely straightforward mm stories. Usually HEA/HFN.
Short story = 0-20,000 words.
slashy = hints of slash, but no hard proof. Relationship more than romance.
* this is a personal explanation for how I’m using terms. YMMV elsewhere.
- Or if you love a story, think about picking up a copy in ebook form. I like food to eat. Plus I'm totally scared of debtor's prison.